The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is looking for a Grants Finance Officer to be based at the EDCTP office in The Hague.
The Grants Finance Officer will assist the Director of Finance and Administration in the financial management of grants, including the processing of payments to beneficiaries, reviewing financial reports, and assisting EDCTP beneficiaries in the interpretation and application of EDCTP financial guidelines.
EDCTP is a non-profit organisation with a European office in The Hague, the Netherlands and an African office in Cape Town, South Africa. EDCTP is a partnership between European and African countries to accelerate the development of new clinical interventions such as drugs, vaccines, microbicides and diagnostics against poverty-related diseases in Africa. The organisation supports clinical trials, capacity strengthening and networking in Africa and Europe.
The EDCTP2 programme is implemented as part of the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020.
Download vacancy information
Duties and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the EDCTP Project Officers to ensure all grant-related transactions are posted accurately and on a timely basis into the computerised accounting system
- Assisting beneficiaries in the completion of budget forms
- Reviewing beneficiary financial reports, including checking that no ineligible costs are included
- Raising memos of payments
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Director of Finance and Administration.
The competencies required are:
- BA degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Professional accountancy qualification would be an advantage
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in an accounting-related function
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Good spreadsheet skills
- Experience of using a computerised accounting system would be an advantage.
Conditions and application
EDCTP offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- This is a six months fixed-term appointment (maternity leave cover).
- The employee will be based at the EDCTP office in The Hague.
- Applicants must have a valid working permit in The Netherlands.
- EDCTP is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the official language.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted to email@example.com by midnight Wednesday 25 March 2020. Please indicate your earliest availability date in your application letter.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Protection of Personal Data
EDCTP is committed to protecting your privacy. We take every precaution to protect the information you provide.
- The data you provide will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure and will only be accessed by persons who need to do so for this purpose.
- Your data will be kept in our system up to one month after the completion of the recruitment procedure (should your application be unsuccessful).
- For further information or exercise of your rights (such as the right to access, or the right to correct your data, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.