The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is a non-profit organisation with offices in The Hague, the Netherlands; and Cape Town, South Africa. EDCTP is a partnership between European and African countries to accelerate the development of new clinical interventions such as drugs, vaccines, microbicides and diagnostics against poverty-related diseases in Africa (HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases). The organisation supports clinical trials, capacity strengthening and networking in Africa and Europe.Visit www.edctp.org for more information.
EDCTP is looking for an Administrative Support Officer to be based at the EDCTP Office in The Hague. The Administrative Support Officer, under the supervision of the Director of International Cooperation (Europe), will be responsible for providing administrative support to the cooperation and communication activities in the EDCTP Secretariat in The Hague.
Duties and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Support Officer will include, but not limited to the following:
- Providing administrative support to the international cooperation and communication teams in the EDCTP office in The Hague;
- Taking minutes, drafting, editing and proofreading reports and other texts in English;
- Liaising with partner organisations in Europe, Africa and worldwide;
- Managing databases and media lists;
- Supporting the implementation of advocacy, communication and outreach activities;
- Assisting in updating of the EDCTP website;
- Assisting with tracking of media exposure;
- Collecting data to support preparation of press releases, presentations and reports;
- Any other tasks, duties or specific assignments which may arise during the operations of the EDCTP Secretariat, in particular supporting HR activities.
Conditions and application
EDCTP offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The employee will be based at the EDCTP Secretariat office in The Hague.
- Applicants must have a valid working permit in The Netherlands.
- The EDCTP is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the official language.
- Flexible and reduced working hours may be possible for this position.
- Applications must include a letter of motivation and CV
- Applications must be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org – Please include the job title in the email subject line.
- Applications must be submitted by midnight (CET) Monday 16 July 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from EDCTP within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Protection of Personal Data
EDCTP is committed to protecting your privacy. It takes every precaution to protect the information you provide. The data you provide will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure and will only be accessed by persons who need to do so for this purpose. Your data will be kept in our system up to one month after the completion of the recruitment procedure (should your application be unsuccessful). For further information or exercise of your rights (such as the right to access, or the right to correct your data, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.