- A PhD or Master’s degree in a biomedical discipline related to the EDCTP
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scientific advances and developments in the EDCTP remit
- Project management skills and/or experience in research management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in writing scientific and/or policy documents and reports
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and databases
- Able to work in a matrix structure, managing a range of tasks and projects
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Highly adaptive team player.
EDCTP offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Project Officer will primarily work with the Calls and Grants team in close collaboration with the Finance team and other EDCTP teams, and report to the Director South-South Cooperation and Head of Africa Office.
The employee will be based at the EDCTP Secretariat in Cape Town, South Africa. Applicants must have a valid working permit in South Africa. This is a 1-year contract post and renewal of contract will be subject to business requirements.
The EDCTP Secretariat is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the official language.
In terms of a hosting agreement between EDCTP and SAMRC, the SAMRC is facilitating the process to recruit a candidate for this position. Applications, including a letter of motivation and CV, should be forwarded to Mrs Janet Ndimande, Medical Research Council, Human Resources Division, PO Box 19070, Tygerberg 7505 or e-mail: recruitment[at]mrc.ac.za
Closing date: 12 June 2015
Please quote the reference number (R840) in all communications.
Copies of your ID and highest formal qualifications must be submitted with this application. Should your application not contain the required information and documents, it will unfortunately not be considered.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.