We are looking for a Project Officer to be based at the EDCTP office in The Hague. The Project Officer will primarily be a member of the Calls and Grants team, with responsibility for the management and development of EDCTP’s funding portfolio. This will include managing the external peer review of applications submitted to EDCTP, contract negotiation, monitoring and evaluation of EDCTP projects, as well as contributing to EDCTP’s funding strategy, policies and publications.
Duties and responsibilities
Managing EDCTP calls for proposals via EDCTP’s online grants management system. This will include:
– Managing the peer review process through liaison with applicants, external experts and committee members
– Preparing and providing feedback to applicants
– Providing all necessary technical and administrative support to the Calls and Grants department to ensure timely delivery of operational activities
– Working in collaboration with EDCTP’s Finance department and Legal Officer to ensure efficient contract negotiation and timely signature of grant contracts
Monitoring project progress and outcomes. This will include:
– Maintaining oversight of EDCTP projects in a given scientific or thematic area within EDCTP scope
– Review of annual and final reports from grant holders to ensure timely delivery of contractual milestones and deliverables, in collaboration with EDCTP’s finance department
– Collection and analysis of outputs and outcomes from EDCTP projects
– Producing summaries of EDCTP projects to support the EDCTP Communications department to promote EDCTP achievements
Contribution to EDCTP funding strategy and policy. This will include:
– Keeping abreast of key scientific advances and policy development in the EDCTP remit
– Drafting papers, briefings, reports and other documents, as required
– Developing and maintaining relationships with EDCTP grant holders and other stakeholders, in order to encourage and promote partnership with EDCTP
– Working with colleagues in other EDCTP departments/teams to achieve EDCTP objectives and deliverables
– Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time.
A PhD or Master’s degree in a biomedical discipline related to the EDCTP
Demonstrated knowledge of the scientific advances and developments in the EDCTP remit
Project management skills and/or experience in research management
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Experience in writing scientific and/or policy documents and reports
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and databases
Able to work in a matrix structure, managing a range of tasks and projects
Strong planning and organisational skills
Highly adaptive team player
EDCTP offers a highly competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The employee will be based at the EDCTP Secretariat in The Hague, Netherlands. Applicants must have a valid working permit in The Netherlands.
The EDCTP Secretariat is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the official language.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted to: email@example.com by midnight Wednesday, 10 June 2015. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.