The 3rd WHO Global Forum on Medical Devices will take place on 10–12 May 2017 in Geneva, Switzerland, in the Centre International de Conférences Genève. It will include: plenary, panels, parallel sessions, workshops, exhibition and poster sessions.
The objectives of the meeting are:
- To define methods of increasing access to priority medical devices under Universal Health Coverage in compliance with the Sustainable Development Goals
- To share evidence of best practices in regulating, assessment and management of medical devices
- To demonstrate development and use of innovative appropriate affordable technologies to respond to global health priorities
- To share WHO tools and guidelines on medical devices for better implementation
- To present the outcomes of the implementation of the World Health Assembly resolutions on medical devices and the EMP strategy for 2030
Read more here and here
EDCTP was represented at the conference by Dr Anne-Laure Knellwolf, EDCTP Portfolio manager.