Members for the EDCTP Audit Committee
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) aims to support collaborative research that accelerates the clinical development of new or improved interventions (drugs, vaccines, microbicides and diagnostics) to prevent or treat HIV, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases including emerging and re-emerging infections affecting sub-Saharan Africa.
EDCTP is a public-public partnership of, currently, 16 African and 14 European countries, and the European Union. The Delegation Agreement signed between the European Union (represented by the European Commission) and the EDCTP Association in December 2014, under which the Commission entrusted budget implementation tasks to the EDCTP Association under Decision 556/2014/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014, requires the EDCTP to establish an Audit Committee. The Audit Committee was created in 2016.
EDCTP is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to serve as members of the EDCTP Audit Committee. Applications are requested before 30 September 2019
Responsibilities of the Audit Committee
The EDCTP Audit Committee is responsible for reviewing the effectiveness of internal control principles, including reviewing financial, operational and compliance controls, as well as risk management systems. The specific duties and responsibilities of the EDCTP Audit Committee include:
- Approving the audit strategy prepared by the Secretariat, including site visits and internal audit plans;
- Reviewing the audited financial statements of the Association, including the annual statutory accounts, providing advice on whether the audited financial statements are properly presented, and the significant financial reporting judgements contained in them;
- Maintaining an appropriate relationship with the Association’s auditors;
- Reviewing external auditor’s management letters and ensuring that corrective actions are taken by the Secretariat to address the weaknesses identified;
- Making recommendations to the General Assembly of the EDCTP Association on the appointment, reappointment and removal of external auditors;
- Approving the selection of auditees for site visits and reviewing site visit reports
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the external audit process;
- Reviewing the association’s internal financial controls and risk management systems, including preventing frauds, responding to frauds and whistleblowing procedures; and
- Approving the Association’s statements for internal control and risk management.