Outstanding Research Team Prize
The Outstanding Research Team prize is awarded to outstanding research teams in sub-Saharan Africa and Europe working on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases (NID) in the scope of the EDCTP2 programme. The prize recognises the outstanding achievements, and scientific and policy impact of teams that are actively involved in research, capacity development and networking in sub-Saharan Africa and Europe.
Contestants must be a consortium or group of partners who are:
- residents of a sub-Saharan African country, or an EU Member State, or a country associated with the Horizon 2020 programme
- actively involved in research, capacity development and networking in sub-Saharan Africa and Europe with outstanding achievements and scientific and policy impact in their respective fields
- tackling EDCTP2 programme priority issues in poverty-related diseases (PRDs)
- building and who have successfully built effective and equitable South-North partnerships through collaboration
- addressing priority research questions and have produced health policy relevant deliverables, such as research data implemented into policy and practice
- producing high-impact publications and who have achieved significant capacity building outputs at local research sites.
The prize of €50,000 and should be used to further the research programmes of the winners and may support activities such as study visits and training attachments to collaborating institutions, data collection for baseline studies, conference and meeting attendance, and other relevant research-related activities. The objective of this award is to encourage scientific/research excellence, translation of research into policy and practice, sustainable capacity development coupled with skills and technology transfer.