Duties and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Programme Portfolio Manager will include, but not limited to the following:
- Developing and ensuring regular updates of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Communication strategy for EDCTP
- Implementing Results Based Management (RBM) approaches, including an M&E system that that focuses attention on results and impact
- Day-to-day supervision of the staff of the Communications and M&E teams
- Developing key performance indicators (KPIs) that provide clarity on progress of EDCTP towards achieving its planned goals, particularly the specific programme objectives set out in the Delegation Agreement signed between the European Union (represented by the European Commission) and the EDCTP Association in December 2014 on which the interim and final valuation of the programme will be based
- Preparing performance reports that focus the attention of EDCTP management and staff on the critical success factors and on areas requiring performance improvement
- Leading the compilation of data and preparations for internal and external evaluations of the EDCTP programme
- Maintaining a regularly updated and standardised programme portfolio of projects
- Leading the drafting and editing of annual reports, newsletters, press releases, success stories, project briefs and other targeted stakeholder specific information packages
- Perform other technical duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- MD or PhD in Life Sciences
- Experience in projects portfolio management
- Experience of implementing Results Based Management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including experience of writing documents for a wide range of stakeholders
- An understanding of clinical trials and research governance is essential.
EDCTP offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The employee will be based at the EDCTP Office in The Hague.
The EDCTP is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the official language.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted to: recruitment[at]edctp.org by midnight Tuesday 29 December 2015. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.