The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) has a vacancy for a professionally qualified accountant to join the EDCTP Audit Committee.
Duties and responsibilities
The Audit Committee will be responsible for reviewing the effectiveness of internal control principles, including reviewing financial, operational and compliance controls, as well as risk management systems.
The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Approving the audit strategy prepared by the Secretariat, including site visits and internal audit plans
- Reviewing the audited financial statements of the Association, including the annual statutory accounts, providing advice on whether the audited financial statements are properly presented and the significant financial reporting judgements contained in them
- Maintaining an appropriate relationship with the Association’s auditors
- Reviewing external auditor’s management letters and ensuring that corrective actions are taken by the Secretariat to address the weaknesses identified
- Making recommendations to the GA on the appointment, reappointment and removal of external auditors
- Approving the selection of auditees for site visits and reviewing site visit reports
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the external audit process
- Reviewing the association’s internal financial controls and risk management systems, including preventing frauds, responding to frauds and whistle blowing procedures
- Approving the Association’s statements for internal control and risk management.
- Professionally qualified accountant with recent relevant financial management experience
- A minimum of 10 years post qualification experience
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Excellent internal control and risk management skills.
Members will be paid honorarium in line with EDCTP’s Honorarium Policy for Experts and Reviewers.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV to: recruitment[at]edctp.org by midnight 31 May 2016. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Background on EDCTP
EDCTP is a public-public partnership between countries in Europe and sub-Saharan Africa, and the European Union. EDCTP aims to support collaborative research that accelerates the clinical development of new or improved interventions to prevent or treat HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected infectious diseases in sub-Saharan Africa.
The second EDCTP programme is implemented as part of the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, Horizon 2020.The European Union will provide a contribution of up to € 683 million for the 10-year programme (2014-2024), provided this is matched by contributions from the European Participating States. The countries currently participating in EDCTP as members of the EDCTP Association are:14 European countries – Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK; and 14 African countries – Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.