Duties and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the M&E Officer will include, but not limited to the following:
- Developing an M&E system, including designing a framework for the monitoring and evaluation of the EDCTP2 programme activities and defining methodologies for collecting data that will be used for monitoring the effective implementation of the EDCTP programme, and measuring the achievement of the indicators set out in the Delegation Agreement signed between the European Union (represented by the European Commission) and EDCTP
- Working closely with all EDCTP teams to ensure timely and accurate collection of data required for regular updating of the relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including the ones set out in the Delegation Agreement that will be used to assess the progress of implementation of the EDCTP2 programme
- Assisting the Programme Portfolio Manager to develop an RBM logical framework matrix that ensures better management of the EDCTP2 programme and the projects funded under it, and detecting and correcting problems during implementation
- Conducting on a regular basis an internal monitoring and evaluation of results and impact of the programme, and preparing reports that report on implementation progress, including implementation problems (if any), and making recommendations for corrective action
- Assisting the Programme Portfolio Manager to implement RBM approach to monitoring and evaluation, which places emphasis on results and impacts
- Playing a leading role in preparing and regularly updating the M&E manual, which must clearly describe the M&E systems, procedures and methodologies that are in operation at EDCTP
- Supporting the EDCTP Project Officers to prepare log frames for all EDCTP funded projects
- Assisting the Programme Portfolio Manager to develop KPIs that will give a clearer picture to EDCTP management and staff whether the EDCTP2 programme is moving in the right direction towards achieving its overall goal and specific objectives
- Evaluating the performance of individual EDCTP projects and the overall programme to support decision making by management
- Acting as the EDCTP focal point for all matters relating to external evaluation and impact assessments of the EDCTP2 programme
- Preparing periodic programme monitoring reports that compare performance against targets
- Any other tasks, duties or specific assignments which may arise as directed by the Programme Portfolio Manager or the Executive Director.
- A university degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a monitoring and evaluation role
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are required
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of RBM implementation at project or programme level
- An understanding of clinical trials and research governance is essential, and personal and professional integrity must be of the highest standard.
EDCTP offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The employee will be stationed at the EDCTP Secretariat in The Hague, the Netherlands
- Applicants must have a valid working permit in the Netherlands
- The EDCTP Secretariat is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the working language.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted to: recruitment[at]edctp.org by midnight Tuesday 24 May 2016. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.