DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with EDCTP participating states in Europe and Africa to collect data on national research activities of relevance to EDCTP
- Liaising with third party organisations from the private sector (e.g. pharmaceutical industry, product development partnerships, non-governmental organisations or philanthropic organisations)
- Liaising with organisations in the public sector , such as national research funding or development cooperation agencies from both EU and non-EU countries
- Preparing summary technical and financial reports on EDCTP participating states’ national research programmes for EDCTP management and stakeholders
- Participating in the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the EDCTP2 programme
- Liaising with EDCTP partner countries and third parties to enhance research synergy and foster collaboration in research within the scope of the EDCTP programme
- Establishing and maintaining contact with stakeholders, including actively exploring opportunities for joint activities
- Taking minutes at networking and other meetings and actively follow-up on agreed action points
- Performing any other tasks assigned by the North-North Networking Manager or Director of North-North Cooperation.
Master’s degree in biomedical sciences, health policy, or relevant related field such as global or public health.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working as a Networking/Project officer preferably on global health issues
- Experience of working with national and international research agencies, including working in collaborative projects in Europe and with the European Commission, would be an advantage
- Project management.
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Self-starter with ability and interest in taking initiative and actively pursue opportunities
- Strong time management skills
- Able to manage and prioritise workload
- Strong sense of diplomacy and an ability to take account of both personal and political sensitivities in an international environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good IT skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office products, such as PowerPoint, Excel and MS project, Google alerts, news lists
- Strong team player.
Excellent written and spoken English. French or any other European language would be an advantage.
EDCTP offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- The employee will be stationed at the EDCTP Secretariat in The Hague, the Netherlands
- Applicants must have a valid working permit in the Netherlands
- The EDCTP Secretariat is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the working language.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted to: email@example.com by midnight Sunday, 21 February 2016. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.