Membership of the EDCTP Association is regulated by the Articles of Association and is open to:
• Sovereign States from the European Union (EU)
• Other sovereign States associated to the EU’s Framework programme for research, technological development and demonstration activities (Horizon2020)
• Sovereign States from sub-Saharan Africa
• (Groups of) institutions specifically mandated for this purpose by the aforementioned States
• Alliances of sovereign States and/or mandated institutions from the EU, and
• Alliances of sovereign States and/or mandated institutions from sub-Saharan Africa.
More on becoming a member of the EDCTP Association
Member countries of the EDCTP Association
The 16 African members of the Association or Participating States are: Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
The 14 European members of the Association or Participating States are: Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Angola and Switzerland are aspirant members.
Member countries of the EDCTP Association are also called Participating States.