The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) is a non-profit organisation with a European office in The Hague, The Netherlands and an African office in Cape Town, South Africa. EDCTP is a partnership between European and African countries to accelerate the development of new clinical interventions such as drugs, vaccines, microbicides and diagnostics against poverty-related diseases in Africa (HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria). The organisation supports clinical trials, capacity strengthening and networking in Africa and Europe. Visit www.edctp.org for more information.
We are looking for a Financial Assistant to be based at the EDCTP office in The Hague. The Financial Assistant is responsible for accounts receivable and payable administration; these include receiving and obtaining approval for accounts payable invoices from the appropriate delegated authority, and the accurate coding and timely input of accounts receivable and payable invoices into Access Dimension accounting system.
Duties and responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Accurate and timely input of authorised accounts payable and receivable invoices
- Allocate accounts receivable receipts to invoices
- Obtain authorisation for new supplier and account receivable accounts
- Code and enter supplier invoices into Access Dimension
- Follow up queries with suppliers and customers
- Ensure proper filing of invoices and other relevant supporting documents
- Maintain the contracts ledger
- Print and review the aged accounts receivable and payable reports to ensure that actions are taken to recover or promptly settle any overdue accounts
- Update the per diem claim form.
- Accounting technician or a BA degree in accounting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience of using computerised accounting systems
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
EDCTP offers a highly competitive salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The employee will be stationed at the EDCTP Secretariat in The Hague, Netherlands. Applicants must have a valid working permit in The Netherlands.
The EDCTP Secretariat is characterised by a multicultural work environment and English is the official language.
Applications including a letter of motivation and CV should be submitted to: recruitment[at]edctp.org by midnight Friday, 27 February 2015. Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 12 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider that your application has not been successful on this occasion.